…used for this information.
|a thing / fact|
|a location / place|
|time / day / year / month|
|method / quality|
Questions using question words follow two basic patterns:
Question Word + Verb + Subject
QW + V + S
Who is he?
Question Word + Verb + Subject + Verb
QW + V + S + V
Where do they live?
Who am I?
You’re a teacher.
Where are you?
I’m in the classroom.
What does he have?
He has some strawberries.
Where is she?
She’s at the beach.
Why is the cat drinking water?
When do we have class?
We have class in the morning.
You + I = We
How are they drinking their milkshake?
They’re drinking it with a straw.
What do they have?
They have popsicles.
1. _______ are you? (location / place)
2. _______ are those people? (people)
3. _______ is the time? (fact / truth / information)
4. _______ is he upset? (reason)
5. _______ is the party? (date / time)
6. _______ is the weather today? (quality)
7. _______ coffee is there? (amount)
8. _______ oranges are on the table? (amount)