1. Professor Miller requires that all papers be ___ in ink.
2. The baby was about to fall asleep because it was ___ .
3. The boss was ___ to fire his secretary.
4. The movie was very ___ .
5. He has his shoes ___ every day.
A. put on
6. This noise is very ___ .
7. It is not very easy to make her ___ once she gets upset.
8. Two teenagers were among the fourteen people ___ .
9. Extremely ___ from the hard work, he couldn’t walk an inch.
10. Who is that man ___ the red jacket?
D. inside of
11. She said that the report was a bit ___ .
12. ___ water is not safe for drinking.
13. He could easily make himself ___ if he tried.
D. be understood
14. Don’t leave your bags ___ , as they may be removed without notice.
15. Some customers were very ___ about the return policy.