1. When will the flight to Tokyo probably leave?
A. 2 p.m.
B. Tomorrow morning
C. 1 p.m.
D. It has already left.
2. Which flight was scheduled to leave at the same time as the flight to Barcelona?
C. It has been cancelled.
D. Only two
3. Which is the earliest flight of all?
4. Where would you expect to see this information?
A. In a romance novel
B. In a newspaper
C. In a TV magazine
D. On a poster
5. How long was Mrs. Ives ill?
A. 82 years
B. All her life
C. 18 months
D. One year
6. What did many people say about Mrs. Ives, with regard to her sister?
A. Mrs. Ives didn’t like painting.
B. Mrs. Ives was a more famous painter.
C. Mrs. Ives was a better artist.
D. Mrs. Ives was richer.
7. What musical instrument did Mrs. Ives play?
8. How long will this deal last?
A. One month
B. Three months
C. One week
D. One year
9. What is the hotel offering for free?
B. A room
C. One meal
D. A reservation
10. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the advertisement?
A. Internet access
C. Room service
11. How long has the Svinkaire Hotel been in business?
A. For 10 years
B. For 100 years
C. Over 100 years
D. Over 100 days
Thank you for your letter. Michael is fine. He just had an allergic reaction to seafood—that’s all. I’m really happy to hear about your trip. It sounds so exciting. I remember that your father and I first met in Paris, and hearing about your trip brings back a lot of memories. The weather here is a little cloudy, but hot. Your father is in the backyard right now digging up the weeds from the flower garden. Mrs. Williams from the supermarket told me to tell you hello—so “Hello.” Michael also says hello.
Write again when you have more time,
p.s. I’ll send a phone card so you don’t have to spend your museum money on telephone charges.
12. Why does the writer want to go to Italy?
A. It is cheaper than France.
B. Her mother is in Italy.
C. She went to France.
D. Italy is the best country for art.
13. What was probably wrong with Michael?
A. We do not know.
B. He doesn’t like museums.
C. He had a cold.
D. He had a bad reaction to some food.
14. How will the writer next contact her mother?
A. She will send an email.
B. She will telephone her.
C. She will send a postcard.
D. She will not contact her again.
15. Where did Sally’s mother first meet Sally’s father?
16. What will Sally’s mom send her?
A. A telephone
B. A telephone card
C. Some money
D. Some seafood