1. I ___ go to the post office this morning.
(D) used to
2. I don’t think it will rain. However, if it ___, turn off the machine.
(A) do rain
(B) do rains
(C) does rain
(D) doesn’t rain
3. Ken should have studied harder; he ___ the test again.
(A) succeeded in
4. The black leather jacket ___ be Harley’s.
(C) not must
(D) not can’t
5. I ___ like to see his daughter right now.
6. I’m ___. Would you lend me some money?
7. I’d rather ___ shopping tomorrow.
(D) to go
8. Losing interest in her business, Kimberly has recently ___.
(B) be retired
(C) to be retired
(D) been retired
9. Madeline must be very tired; she is ___ on the sofa.
10. Here’s the application form you ___ fill out.
11. You ___ tell a lie.
(A) had not better
(B) had better not
(C) not had better
(D) had better not to
12. When he was ___, he would sit under this tree.
13. Before she died, the old man ___ to take a walk with his wife daily.
14. My sister hopes that you will ___ her invitation.
15. What did he ___ her to do this morning?