1. Dear Mr. Di Beni,The Penshurst Medical Practice invites you to make an appointment for a medical______.
2. After the age of forty, we recommend that you have a full physical every year. Our records show that you recently______your fiftieth birthday. However, it is over seven years since
B. have celebrated
C. had celebrated
D. were celebrating
3. your last appointment with our clinic. If you contact the Penshurst Medical Practice before September I5,h, you will be able to take advantage______a free check up. In this medical
4. we will check blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugar. For a small extra charge, it is possible to have a more detailed examination. If you are______in this offer, please call the Medical Practice at your earliest convenience.
5. It is important to stretch both before and after exercising. Many fitness experts say that stretching after you exercise is actually more important than before. However, many people do not bother stretching after their workout. They say that they are too______, or they just forget.
6. Stretching has many benefits. For example, it helps you avoid painful cramps in your muscles. If you don’t stretch, you could have tight and sore muscles the next day. It helps to ______your flexibility. If you stretch after every workout, it will be easy to touch your toes.
7. You might be surprised to know how many people______reach their toes. Finally, it is also a good way to relax and wind down after strenuous exercise.
8. So be sure to ______ten minutes of stretching as part of the start and end of your exercise routine.
9. Red Cross December Blood Drive. The Red Cross —— like to thank its regular donors for all their contributions. Without your help,
10. we could not continue with our good work. Every pint of blood that you donate allows us to help people in need. Your blood saves lives. Our next blood drive will______on December 22nd,
B. be held
C. had held
D. is holding
11. from g a.m. to 7 p.m. It will be held at the Red Cross Hall on Lion Street. We are staying open later than______so that working people can drop by after work. If you have donated before, please bring your registration card to save time.
12. First time donors are also more than welcome. Please encourage your friends and family members to come along, too. Giving up less than one hour of their time could give many more years of life to another______.